Apr 20, 2010

pleasant on a public green

Hot shine shimmer in the air, squinting straight sunlight
Demasked people smiling loud and happy in the bright
Kissing couples exchange close contact and secret smiles
The lazy evening does stretch on, for miles beyond miles
Brown, burnished bricks laugh at the great collections of concrete
Layers and layers of people make them more attractive and complete
Sunglasses sifting the golden rays, perched atop grin and wink
I lie in green pastures amid urban chaos but then blink
To cover my eyes and then close them to record what I saw
Before darkened skies and grey clouds force the sun to withdraw
Swaying, swirling trees and shrubs provide the perfect soundtrack
That extra little something which before we knew we lacked
And now I stretch my limbs like a cat, careless
And let go my senses and dissipate my awareness
Pleasantly warm and mildly happy, I own the world, this thing
Pleasantly warm and mildly happy, I walk with my fellow kings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment